What We Do
James and James are an award-winning eCommerce fulfilment company, founded in 2010 by two Cambridge engineers who were so amazed by the lack of modern warehouse technology that they decided to build their own.
Fast forward to the present and the company now operates an innovative cloud-based fulfilment service on 3 continents and counting, growing over 200% each year and despatching to customers across the globe.
We’re good at what we do, and we love doing it. We put as much of an emphasis on developing our in-house order management and warehouse systems as we do our people - and that’s what makes James and James so successful.
We're serious about growth. We've been growing 200%+ a year for the last 5 years and we're passionate about taking our solutions to the world (we currently operate on 3 continents).
We have the UK’s Angel Investor of the Year on our board, who has been recently joined by the former MD of Thomas Cook.
So you should expect big things here.
As a Developer you will work as part of a small team developing across our applications. Day to day you will:
- Solve interesting and varied real world and technical problems
- Take projects through their full development life cycle. This means working on stories, engineering cool stuff, writing robust code, testing, reviewing and deploying
- Share your ideas: clear, concise communication - both written and spoken - from big, abstract concepts down to tiny implementation details
The Right Candidate Will Have:
- A background in development, with experience working on projects as part of a team
- An interest in working with a rapidly growing, technology business
- 3 years web development experience, and be comfortable with PHP
- Experience of frameworks, including MVC-style (ideally Symfony)
- Capabilities in HTML 5, CSS (Sass), jQuery, SQL
- An understanding of API use (HTTP, REST)
- Git or other DVCS
- table football
- arcade games
- beer o'clock
- company retreats
- duvet days
- more varieties of tea and coffee than you could think of!
- a fun office environment