How to manage growing eCommerce order volumes
Growing eCommerce orders are a sign your business is picking up momentum and you have an excellent reputation. You’ve overcome the first hurdle and have found a willing and loyal customer base, now you need to continue building order volumes and managing your stock accordingly to keep your customers satisfied and coming back for more. But don’t panic - there are tools and methods available to help ensure the perfect experience for every customer, no matter how high your order volumes become.
Increased orders, increased workload
There are many challenges that come with a sudden growth in order volumes. The need to manage more stock calls for more storage space, more accurate data and more people to handle the orders. Initially it may be possible to handle the influx with your original methods, however as the volumes become larger, it can be difficult to keep up without the need for increasingly intelligent technology. Fulfilling the escalated number of orders also impacts your reputation - if you’re unable to keep up, negative reviews can severely damage your growth. It can also be more difficult to manually pick, pack and ship goods without taking on more staff and the costs can quickly mount. However, there is a simple solution available to handle the extra workload, as well as manage your increased stock and orders.
A simple solution
You may have considered outsourcing your fulfilment in the past, but didn’t see the need as you were able to manage your orders easily. Now that the volumes of those orders have increased and your company needs room to grow, moving your operations to third party logistics may be an option for you.
The high volume of stock that would be required to fulfill your orders could easily be managed using a warehouse management system. The very best of these systems:
- Help eradicate error and allow for an exceptional fulfilment experience
- Send intelligent reports to keep you informed at all times, in control of your goods and able monitor inventory numbers to forecast low stock
- Have access to a dedicated team of pickers and packers (operating seven days a week) which ensures that no order is missed, and that all goods are handled with care and accuracy. This in turn aids the growth of your reputation for products arriving on time and as intended
- Use cloud based software that integrates seamlessly with your online baskets; the entire process visible to you from purchase to shipment. This allows for up to the minute edits to the orders, such as changing the address on a packing label
With growing order volumes comes the increased likelihood of returns, however this too can be managed by the fulfilment provider, and can be resolved quickly and discreetly. A great returns service allows you to stay in complete control for the entire process, and remain informed anywhere in the world, without the need to personally oversee every detail of the process.
Continue to grow
The continued development of your business is made far easier if you can succeed in delivering the service your customers expect and deserve. For every new challenge that you meet, there is a fulfilment solution that can help ease the pressure. By outsourcing you’ll have control over your stock, the time to focus on expanding sales and providing that ultimate customer experience.
If you would like to learn more about how to manage your growing order volumes, why not get in contact with us and see what we can do to help you expand your business?
- What is a SKU, why is it so important, and how many do you need?
- Why Facebook Marketplace just doesn’t work
- How many SKUs? Indicators for when you may have too many (or too few)
- Importing in to the EU for International Sellers
- James and James launches Northampton fulfilment warehouse
- Barcodes – where do they come from?