Six is ready for Mobile Shopping
In a study by YouGov on behalf of Callcredit Information Group, 12% of consumers were planning on using their mobile phone to purchase at least some of their Christmas shopping, while figures from Tamar research and put the figure nearer to 20%.
With our ever hectic lifestyles, it seems people are taking advantage of being able to make purchases from their phones whilst on their commute or in front of the TV - 25 to 44 year olds the most likely to make a purchase.
While many smart phones and tablets are capable of displaying full web-pages, you shouldn't treat mobile the same. Mobile friendly sites will give higher conversions, especially if you have a significant amount of content to display. Even if you don't go for a full mobile site just yet, you should also consider using different keywords, copy and simpler landing pages to capture the attention of those searching on the go.
Whenever you decide to make the move, or even the first steps, ControlPort is ready to take mobile orders.
For more information see Mobile Marketing's Six steps to getting started. http://www.mobilemarketingmagazine.com/content/six-steps-mcommerce-heaven
- What is a SKU, why is it so important, and how many do you need?
- Why Facebook Marketplace just doesn’t work
- 6 Reasons why stock control is important for eCommerce success
- Importing in to the EU for International Sellers
- How many SKUs? Indicators for when you may have too many (or too few)
- What should luxury eCommerce brands look for in a fulfilment partner?