E-fulfillment services for fast-growing brands
E-fulfillment is defined as “the arrangements that are necessary for businesses to sell their products or services on the internet.” Many businesses take the hassle out of these “arrangements” by outsourcing them to a e-fulfillment service like James and James. We help you to:
Grow your sales
Turn your marketing on, safe in the knowledge that your fulfillment will scale to meet peaks in demand.
Delight your customers
Wave goodbye to bad reviews and “Where’s my order?” emails, with fast, accurate, trackable fulfillment.
Optimize your operations
Channels, couriers, inventory. Manage it all with real-time insights from ControlPort - our cloud-based fulfillment platform.
From fulfillment centre to consumer(and sometimes back again)
Our e-fulfillment service takes care of everything – from receiving stock from your manufacturers, to shipping products to your customers, to handling any returns. You and your customers can track the whole process live online.
The secret to our e-fulfillment service
Come for our e-fulfillment service and we’ll give you ControlPort – our e-fulfillment software. Real-time, cloud-based and award-winning, it integrates with top eCommerce platforms and offers operational insights you never knew you needed.Learn more about our platform
Ship your Amazon orders through us or replace Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) entirely.
Integrate your Shopify shop, and your orders and stock will be updated in real time.
Use WooCommerce – the popular WordPress plugin – to quickly fulfill with us.
Our Magento integration can easily access orders from this shopping cart for processing.
Optimised for small, light, consumer goods
Our e-fulfillment services are optimised for fast-moving consumer goods that are smaller than a football and lighter than a laptop. Here are just a few of the markets we serve.
CBD oil fulfillment
Our organic warehouse, batch control, fast shipping and discrete packaging help brands deliver an exceptional customer experience in the fast-growing CBD oil market. CBD products we fulfill range from oils to capsules, creams to gummies.
Fashion brands can improve their customer experience and profitability with us. Through our processes and technology, we offer fast, accurate shipping, trackable online returns, and simple inventory management.
We help a wide range of hair and skin care brands meet the needs of today’s online shoppers. Expertly packed items, same-day shipping and online tracking ensure the right order reaches the right customer as fast as possible – without breakages.
As one of the first warehouses to be organically certified by the Soil Association, we’ve become the natural choice for organic brands. We store, pick, pack and ship a variety of organic produce, including food, supplements and beauty items.
Pet accessories fulfillment
From cat flaps to dog leads to animal supplements, we fulfill a wide range of pet supplies. Our service helps brands increase repeat purchase rates, improve their customer experience and better manage their stock with strict batch control.
Stationery and gift fulfillment
When it comes to selling stationery and gifts, presentation and speed of delivery is key. Through our network of clean, secure fulfillment centres, we ship orders rapidly and ensure everyone is packaged perfectly, ready for their recipient.
Subscription box fulfillment
The subscription box market is set to grow rapidly, as start-ups and established brands hop on the trend. We help them build customer loyalty, with fast shipping, online tracking and custom packaging for subscription products.
Supplement and vitamin fulfillment
Whether you’re selling protein powder or vitamin supplements, our organically certified warehouse is the ideal place to store and ship your products. We also offer strict batch control, helping you trace which products were sold when.
Quite rightly, customers expect their luxury product orders to arrive untarnished and on time. Our global fulfillment centers are equipped with 24/7 surveillance and restricted access areas to house precious luxury items securely. We'll then pack with care, ready for despatch to your eagerly-awaiting customers.
Toys and games fulfillment
Nothing says 'ruined birthday party' more than an undelivered, or even incorrect, toy gift. Whether you've crowdfunded a new toy collection, or you're an established industry giant, our game plan is to ensure your customer orders arrive on time and in perfect condition.
Homeware and accessories fulfillment
It's said customers buy homewares how they buy their clothes: impulsive, trend-orientated and seasonal. Stay on top of what's trending in your product inventory using our insightful order fulfillment software and be alerted when in-demand stock is running low.
Food and drink fulfillment
Snack bars, coffee beans, beer, organic wholefoods; we place importance on delicate handling, clean ambient storage and protective packaging for all types of consumable goods. With ControlPort, you'll have all the 'food for thought' insight you need.
What do others brands say about our e-fulfillment services?
Dragons' Den entrepreneur Hanna Sillitoe values accuracy, value, intel and most importantly - security
After discovering her first outsourced fulfillment company were stealing her products and struggling to keep up with orders, Hanna made the switch and put her trust in James and James.
I spoke to three different fulfillment houses, asked as many questions as possible, and immediately James and James stood out. The staff welfare, security and pick/pack process is the best I’ve seen anywhere.
– Hanna Sillitoe, Founder, Hanna Sillitoe
Tina Davies Professional’s international expansion is a stroke of genius
Tina Davies Professional wanted to deliver their cosmetic products to artists in the UK and Europe which meant appointing a trusted UK-based fulfilment partner. James and James is now relied upon to run the European and UK part of the business.
James and James’s combination of dedicated support, online dashboard, and sophisticated tech-enabled fulfilment process was a clear winner.
– Luke Davies, Founder, Tina Davies Professional
Dope Ropes takes a leap of faith amidst pandemic chaos
The retro jump ropes brand turned to James and James, when demand for its home fitness products surged during the COVID-19 lockdown.
I have an edge over people who drop ship products, which can take ages to arrive, and I can also compete with the likes of Amazon on speed.
– Keon Ghaharian, Co-founder, Dope Ropes
Bare Conductive builds a global brand and community
James and James has helped the Printed Electronics pioneers reach thousands of engineers, designers and developers, and get time back for design, marketing and sales.
James and James has been a crucial partner in growing our community, cutting our costs and putting our business at the forefront of Printed Electronics.
– Bibi Nelson, Co-founder, Bare Conductive
Cambridge Mask Co meets 2,500% increase in demand with James and James
The provider of military-grade face masks has been able to ship five-figure batches of masks rapidly, as COVID-19 created unprecedented demand from consumers and healthcare organizations.
James and James is an essential element in our ability to help the UK and international community respond to COVID-19.
– Christopher Dobbing, Founder and CEO, Cambridge Mask Co
Protein Empire saves money and grows faster
Protein Empire – an innovative sports nutrition brand – has reduced wastage, improved customer experience and grown 50% month-on-month since working with us.
James and James Fulfillment provides everything required to run a growing eCommerce business successfully.
– William Evans, Managing Director, Protein Empire
“Freaky fast” delivery helps Frenchie Bulldog double European sales in two years
The US-based pet supply brand choose James and James to support its European launch, thanks to the advice of our friendly team. Two years on, its sales have doubled and it's built a loyal fanbase this side of the pond.
James and James has given us quite the reputation! It’s so satisfying to know that we have a strong team behind us as we continue to grow.
– Victoria Shanley, Global Distribution and Social Media Management, Frenchie Bulldog
Supplement store sees growth thanks to James and James Fulfilment
for the Ageless is a food supplement store, specialising in groundbreaking herbal and multivitamin formulas, aimed at “people who see ‘complete wellbeing’ as the new ‘beautiful'”.
We chose James and James for their ethical and organic standards, and slick software system and processes.
– Daniel, Director, for the Ageless
E-fulfillment is the process of managing and delivering online orders. This can involve a range of activities, from handling customer queries and managing inventory, to packing and shipping orders.
An e-fulfilled order is often delivered directly from the retailer to the customer, without going through a traditional brick-and-mortar store. This allows businesses to bypass the overhead costs associated with running a physical storefront. Additionally, e-fulfillment can help businesses reach a wider audience by making it easier for customers to order products from anywhere in the world.
E-fulfillment, while a complex and involved process, is an essential part of running an online business. 3PL providers can take the responsibility of this process off your shoulders and enable you to spend more time focusing on other core business processes.
There are many benefits of e-fulfillment, including:
- Reduced shipping times: When orders are fulfilled electronically, they can be sent to the customer much more quickly than if they were filled manually. This can be a major advantage for businesses that want to offer quick and efficient service.
- Increased accuracy: E-fulfillment allows businesses to carefully track their stock and ensure that only the correct items are shipped to the customer. This eliminates the chances of mistakes or incorrect shipments, which can often lead to unhappy customers.
- Lower costs: E-fulfillment is often much more cost effective than manual fulfillment. It allows businesses to save on labour costs and excess packaging materials.
Similarly to the benefits that e-fulfillment can offer businesses, there are a few ways that e-fulfillment can improve customer experience, including faster shipping times, more accurate orders, and greater choice.
- Faster shipping times: When customers can order a product and have it shipped to their home within a day or two, they are more likely to be satisfied with their purchase. E-fulfillment makes this possible by reducing the amount of time it takes for orders to be processed and shipped.
- More accurate orders: By having products ready to ship as soon as an order is placed, e-fulfillment helps to ensure that customers receive the correct items in the correct sizes and colours. This accuracy reduces the chances of customers needing to return items or contacting customer service for a return or complaint.
- Greater Choice: E-fulfillment centres are able to handle large volumes of orders quickly and efficiently, meaning that products can be delivered to consumers faster than if they were being shipped directly from the retailer’s warehouse. Additionally, since e-fulfillment centres carry a wide range of products, consumers are more likely to find what they are looking for online than if they were shopping in a store resulting in greater satisfaction with their shopping experience.
When it comes to fulfillment, there are a lot of different providers to choose from.
When choosing an e-fulfillment provider for your business, you will want to consider the following:
- Comparisons. Do your research and make sure you compare prices, services offered, and track record of success.
- Your needs. Make sure the provider can accommodate your specific needs, such as size and weight limits, shipping speeds, and delivery areas.
- Reviews. Ask around or talk to other businesses that have used eCommerce fulfillment providers and get their recommendations.
- Test out the service yourself. Many providers offer trial periods or free shipping so you can try out their services before committing to a long term partnership. Take advantage of this to ensure you are making the right choice.
- Go with a reputable company. You want to hire a provider that will work well with you and offer the best service possible so experience and expertise is key.
Ask Your Chosen Provider
It is important that you and your provider understand each other’s roles and expectations. Ask your chosen provider about the following:
- Warehouse size and capacity – Make sure the provider has the space to store your inventory and that they are able to accommodate your projected growth. Partnering with a 3PL that has the capabilities to scale with your company will be very influential in your growth.
- Range of services offered – The provider should offer a range of services, from order processing and pick and pack, to kitting and assembly, and shipping. It is important to clearly define the services you require as well as any additional services that may be available to avoid unrealistic expectations.
Experience in your industry sector – Ideally, the e-fulfillment provider will have experience fulfilling orders for businesses in your vertical market. This will ensure they have the expertise to handle your product range and fulfil your specific requirements.
- IT system compatibility – Your fulfillment provider may offer access to software tracking orders and other aspects of the fulfillment process. It is important to understand the functionalities and capabilities of such systems for smooth and efficient operations. Ask for a demo!