We update this page with key news from each courier. We also recommend checking their websites (listed below) for more detailed and frequent updates. If you have any questions, you can raise a support ticket.
Services from our UK fulfilment centres
- Royal Mail: Service Update and International Incident Bulletin
- DPD: Service Updates
- Hermes: Latest News
- DHL: Live Service Updates
- Norsk: Live Updates
Services from our US fulfilment centre
- 02 – UK – DPD reports that heavy snow is causing delays to collections and deliveries throughout Yorkshire.
- 26 – UK – DHL has suspended its Worldwide Express and Economy Select services to Germany, due to customs delays there. This also affects Norsk services that use these services. We’re now allocating orders to alternative services from Fedex and DPD.
- 14 – UK – DPD is being affected by heavy snow in the North of England and Scotland. They will keep customers updated on the status of their delivery and will continue to monitor the situation.
- 12 – UK – DPD has provided another update about its European Road Service. It remains paused and a further update on when it will return is expected on 15 January.
- 07 – UK – DPD has taken the decision to “pause and review” its European Road Service from 7 January until at least 13 January. This is due a combination of parcels having incorrect or incomplete data attached, and delays and congestion at ports and channel crossings, as detailed in this BBC article. We’ve turned this service off in ControlPort and orders will be sent via the most cost effective option from the available carriers. Any orders where the shipping cost will be over £50 won’t be allocated to a courier until we’ve confirmed that you’re happy for the order to be shipped. We recommend that any large orders are held until DPD services are back online.
- 15 – UK – Norsk update: With the EU shipping requirement changes taking place due to Brexit on the 1 January 2021, DHL Road shipments will not be accepted after 25 December 2020. This means the last date you will be able to ship on Road Express will be 24 December 2020. This is a measure put in place by DHL to ensure that any goods in transit which potentially could hit the EU after the 1 January 2021 are not held or returned to you for not meeting the required clearance requirements. Shipments on this service will resume on 4 January 2021, at which point parcels will need to conform to new rules of shipping to the EU. See Norsk’s Brexit page for more details. If you need to ship to the EU prior to the 1 January 2021, you can still use DHL’s Air Express service.
- 07 – UK – DPD‘s European deliveries are being impacted by Channel Tunnel delays over the weekend. This continues to affect parcel deliveries to and from Europe. Some parcels collected on Friday 4 December, Saturday 5 December and Sunday 6 December bound for Europe may incur a 24-hour delay, as will parcels coming into the UK through the Channel Tunnel from Europe. DPD advises these delays may continue for most of this week, however their teams are working hard to minimise any disruption.
- 07 – UK – Norsk‘s latest update on suspended destinations via its eCommerce Packet & Parcel service is here.
- 04 – UK – DPD trailers bound for depots in Scotland have been delayed by heavy snow.