At James and James, we’re always looking for ways to improve. After receiving some constructive feedback from our clients, we agreed that there was room for improvement in the way we fulfil wholesale orders. So, we put our heads together, and now we’re pleased to announce that in August, we’ll be rolling out additional functionality to ControlPort that will greatly enhance your ability to fulfil wholesale orders through James and James.
You can find a comprehensive overview of the update, including features and benefits, below:
- We’ve cut down the time it takes for you to place wholesale orders to our fulfilment centres
- You can now add more detail upfront to reduce communication costs and potential delays
- We’ve streamlined the way we do things to speed up processing times
- More consistent delivery requirements, and greater clarity
- There’s now better reporting on special order types
- Addresses can now be added to orders for collection
- New order instructions give you greater control over how we pick, pack, and ship your orders
New client features
New order page
- The add new order screen has been streamlined, to make the process of adding a new manual order easier and more efficient
- Information related to wholesale and export orders has been reorganised to be easier to complete
- This includes adding new order types, which can also be used for filtering and reporting
- Wholesale (includes old Amendments)
New functionality has been added to make it easier to place wholesale and B2B orders within ControlPort.
- Order type specifically for “Wholesale”
- Grouping of fields which are specific to wholesale orders for ease of use
- Check box for orders which require a timed delivery slot (freight orders only)
- Estimate of pick fees shown in advance
- “Amendments” have been removed and replaced with “Order instructions” which allows you to provide more detailed information on the three key areas for successful wholesale order processing
- Packing requests (full cases, 4 per box etc, showing example text in input box)
- Attach labels (with text box for comment, showing example text in input box)
- Transport (with example text)
- Order instructions can now be added on the same page, without having to save and then add them to the order
Large order pack process
We have made updates to how we pick large orders to better consolidate the SKUs onto multiple pallets
Larger orders will now be sent to a separate, dedicated packing team
To cut back processing times, we’ve introduced ‘order instructions’, allowing you to give us clear instructions before we begin packing your order. With this new feature, you can provide us with:
- Packing instructions
- Labelling instructions
- Freight instructions
We’ve introduced this feature to give you full control over instructions before the picking process begins. If you still need to make amendments after you’ve sent your order to us via ControlPort, you will now need to place an order for a Rework.
Collection of standard orders
Collection of non-wholesale orders is not permitted. The new functionality above will make this process clearer and prevent confusion.
We hope you enjoy these new features, and if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.